The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) holds at least two meetings each month: an Executive Board (EB) meeting and a General Membership (GM) meeting.
The official calendar of meetings for the school year is agreed upon at the first PTO Executive Board meeting and posted here when available.
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings will be held in a hybrid format, members may attend in person or join remotely.
Individual committees may also hold meetings.
General Membership (GM) meetings are open to all current faculty and families, as well as members of the wider PS9 community.
Meetings are usually held the third Tuesday of each month. They alternate between mornings and evenings, and can be attended in person or online. Childcare and pizza are available at evening meetings.
The schedule for 2023-2024
- Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 6:30-8PM ET in the school library.
- Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 8:30-10AM in the school cafeteria.
- Tuesday, Nov. 21* at 6:30-8PM in the library.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19* at 8:30-10AM in the cafeteria.
- Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 6:30-8PM in the library.
- Tuesday, Feb 27* at 8:30-10AM in the cafeteria.
- Tuesday, March 19 at 6:30-8PM in the library.
- Tuesday, April 16 at 8:30-10AM in the cafeteria.
- Tuesday, May 21 at 6:30-8PM in the library.
- Tuesday, June 18 at 8:30-10AM in the cafeteria.
*Tentative dates subject to change
Executive Board meetings are open to all members of the Parent Teacher Organization — that is, current teachers and family members / caregivers of students.
Participation in the discussion is restricted to members of the EB, unless decided otherwise by a simple majority of present board members.
Non-PTO members may only attend EB meetings with the approval of the board. If you are not a member of the PTO and would like to attend, please contact our PTO president or parliamentarian.