DOE and PS9 Online Accounts
A nine-digit number that is issued to all students who attend New York City public schools. It is sent to families in a letter when they first enroll in a school. You can also find your child’s OSIS number on their report card, in your NYC Schools Account — displayed as “ID” under the child’s name once you add them — or by contacting Ms. Jacob (firstname.lastname@example.org). Keep this number handy, you will need it on occasion throughout your child’s time in New York City public schools.
NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
A parent or guardian’s gateway to supporting and tracking their child’s progress through school. Create an account, add your student, and start monitoring things like grades, test scores, and attendance. You can also find and reset your DOE Student Account email and password. Email our parent coordinator, Ms. Jacob (email@example.com), if it asks you for an account creation code.
DOE Student Accounts
Every New York City public school student has a DOE account, it is created automatically when they enroll in school. The best way to start using the student account is to sign into TeachHub. From here, students can access all DOE applications.
You can find your student’s email address in your parent NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) once you add your child. You also have the option in NYCSA to reset the password for their account. Sometimes teachers reset the passwords for their whole class, so if you’re having trouble logging in, ask your teacher if they know the password.
How to find your child’s email address and/or reset their password in NYCSA
- Log in to your NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) as a parent.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Student Password.
- In the dropdown, select the child whose password you want to update.
- Under the dropdown, the email address will appear for that child. Save it!
- If you need to reset your password, enter a new password. Retype the new password.
- Click on Save.
Our school-wide communication platform. Through Konstella you will receive important outreach and communication from the school, updates from the Parent Teacher Organizations (PTO), direct communication with your teacher and classroom, and our calendar of events. It is an essential platform to keep up-to-date on everything happening at PS9. You can access it through a site on your computer's browser or an app on your phone. If you haven't received an invite to Konstella, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some teachers use Google Classroom during the year to connect with students and families.
To sign in:
- Go to classroom.google.com
- Sign in. If you’re already signed in to another Google account, click the profile circle at top right and choose “Add another account.”
- Log in with your student’s email address and password. (See DOE Student Accounts above if you don’t have this information.)
- If you get error messages, you may need to log out of all other Google accounts or try logging in from a private/incognito browser window.
- Join your classroom. If there is not a classroom to join, ask your teacher for the class code.