We hope that all parents can play a part in this year’s Silent Auction. We have the collective contacts, resources and determination and effort to make this a great success. Last year, the Auction raised $55,000 that went towards our school’s enrichment programs. If you’d like to join the Auction team, please email Nzingah Diallo at email@example.com
- Auction Item Donations: Collect donations from area businesses and individuals to be auctioned at the event. Not only do we have a list of businesses that have donated in the past, we also encourage you to examine your resources and contacts for exciting new items All donations are tax-deductible, and all donors will be listed on our very own Auction website.
- Event Sponsorships: Outreach and a follow-up to local corporations to solicit sponsorships, as wells as reach out to local businesses that aren’t a good fit for donating an item (ex. Dry cleaner, tax preparer, etc.) to solicit advertising in Silent Auction event booklet and website.
- Food & Drink Donations for the Event: Reach out to select local businesses & caterers to donate food for consumption at the event. We also have a list of local businesses that have contributed in the past.
Design a booklet and signs for the event to highlight the generosity of the sponsors and donors.This task can easily be done remotely.
Sell tickets at upcoming school events or on select mornings, or collect and process the ticket sales.
- Processing: Database entry for donations, sort / compile donations for display at the event.
- Photography: Some donations will need to be photographed for inclusion on the website.
- Auction Website Maintenance: Need someone with technical expertise to post donation items on Auction website. This task can easily be done remotely.
- Writing: Creation of Gift Certificates (as needed) and preparation of description cards for auction items. This task can easily be done remotely.
Day of the Event
We will need many hands for event set-up, including delivering goods to venue; picking up food / drink for consumption; Assist during the event with check-in, working bar, serving as a concierge for bidders not at the event, post-event breakdown, etc. A sign-up sheet will be available closer to event date