School Bus Service
Students in Kindergarten to Grade 5 may be eligible for Stop-to-School Yellow Bus service if they live within District 13, more than one half mile from PS9. Transportation is coordinated by the school and the NYCDOE Office of Pupil Transportation.
Contact Our School
Contact: Carol Sheldrake Hernandez, Community Associate
- for route information
- to request or cancel service
- to request or update accommodations
Contact the NYCDOE Office of Pupil Transportation
Phone Number: (718) 392-8855
- regarding chronic and ongoing issues with the route
- if there is an incident or injury involving your student
- for concerns related to the bus company, driver, attendant, or other students
- if a child cannot be located and/or ended up on the wrong bus
Additional Modes of Transportation
During the hours around arrival and dismissal, there are crossing guards posted at three intersections near the school – St. Mark’s and Underhill Avenues, Bergen Street and Underhill Avenue, and St. Mark’s and Vanderbilt Avenues.
Bikes and Scooters
Bicycles, scooters, roller skates, hoverboards and skateboards are not allowed in the school yard or the school building. There are bike racks outside the large yard on St. Mark’s Avenue.
A or C to Washington Ave
B or Q to 7th Ave (Park Place & Flatbush Avenue)
#2 or #3 to Bergen Street
B26; B41; B45; B65; B69; B75