Welcome to PS9’s Kindergarten Pre-registration Process for Fall 2016!
For new families to PS9, in order to accept a kindergarten placement at PS9, you must register your child at school by Friday, April 8, 2016 at 12:45 p.m. You may contact Carol Sheldrake Hernandez at 718.638.3260 X1302 to get your questions answered.
For current PS9 Pre-K families, contact Carol Sheldrake Hernandez in the school’s main office for pre-registration information.
- Days: Monday-Friday
- Time: 8:45a.m. – 12:45p.m.
- Your child must be present at registration
- ALL required documents must be presented at the time of registration to complete your child’s registration
- Deadline to register: Friday, April 8, 2016 @ 12:45p.m.
When you pre-register with the school where you received an offer, you must bring:
- The child you are pre-registering
- Child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism which includes the date of birth, or other official document of age (See Chancellor’s Regulation A-101 for documents accepted for proof of age)
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Proof of address which may be verified by any two of the following containing the address of residence:
- A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison), must be dated within the past 60 days
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor or the federal Office of Refugee Settlement, indicating the resident’s name and address, must be dated within the past 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days
- Rent receipt which includes the address of the residence, must be dated within the past 60 days
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
- Income tax form for the last calendar year
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers documents issued within the past 60 days with name of child and address of residence
Please note: If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit.
How do I get on a school’s kindergarten waitlist?
You are automatically placed on the waitlist for all schools you ranked higher on the application than the school where you got an offer. For example, if you received an offer for the school you listed third on your application, you are automatically placed on the waitlist for your first and second choice schools. Schools will contact you directly if a seat is available to give you an offer.
For more information visit:
For PS9 information:
Contact our Parent Coordinator, Charmaine Derrell-Jacob, at 718.638.3260 X1121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Thank you.