Parent involvement is important to the success of our school. The PTO does its part by improving communication between the school and parents, raising funds, and creating continuity from year-to-year for parent volunteers.
If you are a parent who would like to do your part in supporting the PS 9 community, please consider becoming a PTO officer for the 2016-2017 school year.
Executive Committee Open Positions
Nominations for the 2016-17 PTO are now open! Here is a list of all available executive board positions:
- 1st Co-President (Community Building)
- 2nd Co-President (Fundraising)
- 1st Vice President (Community Building)
- 2nd Vice President (Fundraising)
- 1st Recording Secretary
- 2nd Recording Secretary
- Correspondence Secretary
- Financial Secretary
- 1st Parent-Teacher Liaison (Grades Pre-K through 2)
- 2nd Parent-Teacher Liaison (Grades 3 through 5)
For further descriptions of each position click here.
The only qualification for all Executive Committee offices is that the candidate be a parent or guardian of a child in the school. The term limit is one year, beginning July 1, 2016. An officer may be elected to serve three consecutive, one-year terms.
How to Nominate
Nominations will be accepted until elections during the May 17, 2016 PTO meeting.
- Nomination forms and drop box are located in the PS 9 lobby.
- Contact a member of the Nominating Committee:
- Nominate a parent by completing the form below:Having trouble with this form? Click here and give it a try.
Elections will be held during the May 17, 2016 PTO meeting in the auditorium. Childcare will be provided for a suggested donation of $5/child.