Digital Tools for Remote Learning
For an overview of PS9’s Remote Learning, please review our Tech Support Quick Guidebook
Please fill out this Google Classroom Support Needs form and let us know what technology support to offer our learning community.
Edmentum Courseware: Exact Path
A free digital learning program to support student learning remotely for K-5 students. Students will have access to core curriculum content and individualized learning paths throughout the summer – until 8/14/20. It is recommended that students log in for at least 2 hours each week to benefit from the program. Please see the video program overview to get a better understanding, and watch a video tutorial on Edmentum – Exact Path made by Ms. Rice – one of our lovely PS9 teachers.
Our students already have access via their NYC DOE Student Accounts.
How to access the program:
Login to Clever.com
Select “Login as a Student.”
Select the second option that states, “Students, Teachers, and Staff.”
To login, use your child’s OSIS Number unless directed otherwise by your child’s teacher.
Click on your child’s classroom page.
Finally, click “Edmentum- Courseware, Assessments, Exact Path.”
ps9brooklyn.org Student Google Accounts
To keep students connected and meeting academic requirements when learning remotely, PS9 has created student accounts for all students in Pre-K – 5th grade. The account gives your child access to Google Classroom and other resources teachers may use. Mainly they will be able to use tools such as:
Usernames and Passwords
Teachers may have already contacted you with your child’s Google Username and Password. If not, follow these instructions to retrieve your Username and password
- Find your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. You can find your Student ID number on a report card, or in your New York City Schools Account. You will need the last 4 digits.
- Your USERNAME is: student first name + first initial of student last name + last 4 digits of student ID# + @ps9brooklyn.org
For example, your student’s:
- First name is Jane
- Last name is Smith (or Smith Doe)
- Student ID# is 123456789
- Then your username is JaneS6789@ps9brooklyn.org
Passwords are grade specific for Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 2. For Grades 3-5, passwords are the student’s entire 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number.
- Pre-K: firetruck
- Kindergarten : yellowduck
- 1st grade: bluesquare
- 2nd grade: purpleheart
Update: June 24, 2020
Google Classrooms will be accessible through the end of August, however, there are no requirements for students to access google over the summer. The commenting feature will be turned off as teachers will not be available to provide feedback. Have a safe and peaceful summer!
Access Google Classroom
- You will need a device that has access to WIFI such as: Smart Phone, Computer, Tablet, XBox and/or Nintendo Switch (If you need WIFI, free WIFI is being offered by the DOE).
- Go to classroom.classroom.google.com
- Login: Use your PS9 provided Student Username (including @ps9brooklyn.org) and password
- Click accept to all the classrooms you have been invited to
Guides to Google Classroom
- Student Guide to Google Classroom from Ms. Ozsut, our STEAM Teacher
- Student Guide to Google Classroom
- Parent Guide to Google Classroom – translated into multiple languages
Albanian I Arabic I Bengali I Chinese I English I French I Haitian-Creole I Russian I Spanish I Korean I Urdu
- Lessons from Ms. Ozsut, our STEAM Teacher
- Student Guide to Google Classroom on YouTube – translated into multiple languages
- Parent Guide to Google Classroom on YouTube
- Google Classroom Tutorials – translated into multiple languages – English I Spanish I Wolof
DOE policy regarding ZOOM – May 6, 2020