Last updated: April 19, 2021
Please bookmark and visit this page regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
This page is maintained by our Parent Coordinator, Charmaine Derrell Jacob: CDerrell@schools.nyc.gov.
Visit the Letters from Our Principal page for letters from Principal Ali.
DOE Quarantine Rules
The Health Screening Form is the only up to date list of guidelines. Please do not put the school or others at risk! Consider travel plans carefully and check the screening form throughout break to make sure you are aware of the guidelines. This is the page on the DOE’s website for school health.
PLEASE check Konstella each morning before coming to the school building for possible building closure announcements.
KONSTELLA is the ONLY FULL SCHOOL COMMUNICATION PLATFORM WE HAVE.
NYC Schools Account
Sign up for your NYC Schools Account for access to your student’s grades, attendance records, CEC elections and more.
Reach out to Ms. Jacob via Konstella for your account creation code
Below you’ll find all the critical information about how PS9 is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
To stay up to date with any changes to procedures or scheduling, please bookmark this page on your browser. We’ll also be sending out emails to all families.
Sign up for updates through the Notify App using the school code: 5R2QKN. Download the app using the Notify tab to the right.
Table of Contents
- Learning Bridges Off-Day Care for Students
- Free Meals
- Cheat Sheet to Log-in to Google Classroom
- Fully Remote Learning
- Blended Learning
- Arrival & Dismissal
- Health & Safety In-School
- Changing Learning Preference 2020-21: https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/Guardian
- At any time, you can use this form to choose fully remote learning for your child.
- Between November 2 and November 15, 2020, you can use this form to switch to blended learning (a mix of in-person days at school and remote-learning days at home) for the remainder of this school year.
- At this time, this is the only opportunity planned for families to opt into blended/in-person learning.
- Your child’s school will keep you informed of its specific learning model and your child’s schedule. If you have questions, please reach out to the school directly.
- Students who switch to blended learning will begin their new schedule sometime the week of November 30 or the week of December 7, 2020.
The New York City Department of Education offers free breakfast, lunch and after school meals to all NYC public school students during the school year. PS9 is a Meal Hub site. Meals Hubs operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Fully Remote Learning
Monday to Friday (schedules are posted in Google Classrooms)
In-Person Blended Students: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 2:00pm
Arrival & Dismissal
PS9’s new Safety Arrival and Dismissal Policy has been mailed home, sent via Konstella and Operoo, and shared at weekly Parent Engagement Sessions with Principal Ali.
Arrival: 8:30 am
Dismissal: 2:00 pm
Pre-Kindergarten: lower yard
Kindergarten: upper yard (red door)
Grade 1: upper yard (green door)
Grade 2: Bergen St. (heart door)
Grade 3: Bergen St. (blue door)
Grades 4-5: main entrance on Underhill Ave (blue door)
Health & Safety In-School
Daily Health Screening
Please use the Online Health Screening Tool (healthscreening.schools.nyc) each day that your child is scheduled to attend in-person learning so you can show your screen or a printout upon arrival. If you need a thermometer, please contact Ms. Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or your child is not able to pre-screen using the online tool, you may use the Paper Health Screening Questionnaire and have your child bring the completed form to school and show it upon entry. If you or your child forgets or is unable to pre-screen, someone will be available at the school’s entrance to assist your child in completing the form and checking your child’s temperature. For additional details about this daily health screening process, you can review the Chancellor’s letter here: schools.nyc.gov/messagesforfamilies.
Random Covid-19 Testing Updates
Random testing for staff and students began on October 9th across New York City.
Testing will take place once a month for staff.
The only way students will be tested is if their parents have given written consent.
- Social Distancing
- Shared Spaces
- PPE and Face Coverings
- Hygiene, Cleaning, and Disinfection
- Hand and Respiratory Hygiene
- Early Childhood Contracted Programs
- Accommodations for At-Risk Students and Staff
- Before and Aftercare
- School Safety Drills
- COVID-19 Safety Coordinator
- School Closures
PS9 Families Sign up for Konstella!
Go to https://www.konstella.com
Choose “Find Your School” – PS9 Sarah Smith Garnet, then submit your information manually for approval.