Welcome to PS9’s admission information page.
To apply for a seat in Grades 1-5 for September 2019, you must complete a 2019 New Student Application Form; download the form here>>
Visit our school’s Main Office to complete and submit a 2019 New Student Application Form. Download and submit the completed form in person, or by fax to 718.622.2961. Contact Carol Hernandez at 718.638.3260 X 1302 to confirm receipt of the faxed application.
All students in grades K – 5, including those with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or who require special education services, can be enrolled in just a few steps.
1. Find Your Zoned School
- A zoned school is a neighborhood school for all students who live in a designated area.
- Your zoned school is determined by your home address.
- Find your zoned school by entering your address in the school search tool or calling 311.
- If you don’t have a zoned school, visit a Family Welcome Center with the required documentation. A counselor will place your child at the closest school to your home that has available seats.
2. Go to Your Zoned or Assigned School to Enroll
- Go to your zoned school or the school to which your child has been assigned by the Enrollment Office.
- Download a copy of PS9’s 2019 New Student Application Form for grades 1-5, complete it and submit it in person to PS9’s Main Office at 80 Underhill Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11238, or by fax to 718.622.2961.
- Be sure to bring the required documentation with you.
3. Non-NYC Special Education Services