If your child was born in 2014 and you live in New York City, get ready to fill out an application. Application period begins February 5th and continues through March 30th.
In free, full-day, high-quality pre-K, children are in a safe learning environment with opportunities to participate in engaging activities and interact with other children and teaching staff. Studies show that early childhood education improves performance throughout a child’s school experience. Learn more about how your child benefits from Pre-K for All.
Who can apply to Pre-K?
- Families with children born in 2014
- New York City residents
- Students who move to NYC during the admissions process Get More Information >
- Students with disabilities Get More Information >
- Students whose home language is a language other than English. No program may deny admission, registration, or enrollment to a student based on the student’s fluency or perceived fluency in English.
- Students in Temporary Housing can apply to pre-K even if their housing situation is uncertain. They do not need paperwork to apply to schools, accept an offer, or enroll in a school.
Pre-K resources are available in English and translation:
To read more or to complete an application beginning, Monday, February 5, 2018, go to: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/PreK/default.htm
For more information about the Pre-Kindergarten admissions process visit: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/PreK/default.htm
You may contact our Parent Coordinator Charmaine Derrell-Jacob at 718.638.3260 X 1320 or email Cderrell@schools.nyc.gov.