There’s so much happening at PS 9, how do you stay on top of all the news, events, PTO meetings, performances and field trips? Here’s a list of easy ways to stay connected with PS 9.
1. CLASS PARENTS: Get to know your class parent, and use your class Shutterfly account. A lot of information is posted there.
2. TEXT: Contact Parent-Teacher Coordinator, Ms. Charmaine Derrell-Jacob (firstname.lastname@example.org), and ask to be added to the PS 9 texting service. You’ll get reminders of school news and events on your phone.
3. NEWS AT 9: Ms. Jacob edits this very detailed weekly newsletter. It’s a must read!
4. LISTSERV: Did you know that there is a PS 9 Family Listserv on Yahoo! Groups? Any current PS 9 parent, guardian, administrator or educator can join — and you don’t need a Yahoo! email account. Post news, questions, concerns and appreciations in this private forum. Sign up at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps9family.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA: Like us on Facebook and Twitter at @PS9BklynPTO.
Any questions? Reach out to us by email at email@example.com.