The Silent Auction, PS 9’s biggest party and fundraiser is coming up on Saturday, November 7th from 6-10pm at Union Temple so please save the date! It’s fun and festive adult-night-out that includes food, drink, music, and a fabulous silent auction.
How can I help?
We hope that all parents can play a part in this year’s Silent Auction. We have the collective contacts, resources and determination and effort to make this a great success. Last year, the Auction raised more than $35,000 that went towards our school’s enrichment programs.
We are actively looking for parents who can help us collect donations from area businesses and individuals to be auctioned at the event. We have a list you can work from or examine your resources and contacts for possible donations. Ask your favorite restaurant or shop, show, museum, class, spa, etc to donate a gift certificate or buy one yourself and donate it to the auction. Or, reach out to your friends, colleagues or family – Do you know anyone with a timeshare or vacation home? Do you know anyone with season tickets to a sport team or arts institution? Do you know someone that works in the movies, theatre or TV? Is your employer interested in sponsorship opportunities? You can also donate a special talent like knitting, photography, cooking, singing, music instrument lesson, etc. All donations are tax deductible, and all donors are included in event booklet.
In the past few years, popular donation items have included:
– Vacation homes and timeshares in the area and overseas
– Concert and Broadway tickets
– Sporting event packages
– Sailing tickets
– Signed artwork by local artists
– Personal styling sessions and gift certificates
– Books and book bundles, including cookbooks, children’s books
– Memberships / visitors passes to art institutions; museums; tourist destinations
– TV studio tour and other Manhattan destinations
– Restaurant, bar, dessert gift certificates; tasting events
– CSA vegetable shares
– Children’s classes, haircuts, camps
– Music CDs
– Local retailer gift certificates
– Winery tours; TV studio tours
– Men, women and children’s apparel and accessory items
– PS 9 teacher / principal experience packages, i.e. Principal for a Day
– Gym memberships and various adult classes, including yoga, pilates, dance
– Massages, mani/pedis, and personal care products
– Various memorabilia items, and more!
Merchant letter and donation forms are attached and can be found at www.ps9silentauction.com.