It’s a simple fact. Nothing matters more than your child’s education. The PS 9 Community works hard to provide the best possible learning environment for all of our children – enriching, challenging and inspiring them every step of the way.
But our principal, teachers and staff cannot do it without your support!
That’s why the PTO is launching its annual Fundraising Drive– to continue and expand the programs that make PS 9 such a special place, including:
- Art and music programs, such as Guggenheim Learning through Art and Noel Pointer Strings
- Playworks to support and encourage positive play and movement throughout the school day
- Teacher professional development and materials to support grade-wide curricula
All of this, and much more, is possible because of YOUR financial support.
Our school has grown this year and our goal has increased accordingly. We hope to raise $150,000 for the school through the Fundraising Drive. Come to a PTO meeting to learn more about how we propose to allocate the funds we raise.
How can I help?
Every contribution makes a difference. If you can’t make a large donation, consider setting up a small monthly recurring donation. Remember that your donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Some large companies will match their employees’ donations. Check with your HR department!
What’s the best way to donate?
1. Write us an online or paper check. Please indicate “PS 9 PTO” as the payee, and send checks to the PTO at 80 Underhill Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11238. Paper checks can also be dropped in the PTO mailbox in the main office, or given directly to a PTO officer.
2. Donate online. Please note that all online donations have an administrative fee of 3% taken by the payment processor, which reduces the amount the PTO receives. But if online donations work best for you, please click here to pay through NY Charities, or donate via PayPal by clicking the button below.
3. We take cash too! Please see a PTO officer to assure you get the appropriate receipt.
How do I get help?
Please talk to a PTO officer if you have questions about donating! You can also ask your question at a PTO meeting or by emailing the PTO Executive Board mailbox: email@example.com.